Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Viper 5704 just installed
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2012 Thread Starter
Brianwu
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacechalklate View Post
Did you ever get to find out what happened? I'm going to have someone install a Viper 5904 as soon as I get my car....
Well from what I read online (and I don't know much about car alarms or electrical wiring) a lot of places connect the door open module into the dome light. So when you do shut your door and then set the alarm, the alarm will beep saying door open because the dome light is still on (my cars dome light stays on a few seconds after you shut the door). I've read that places do this because its easier and cheaper than installing two modules onto both doors itself. As for the remote start, the place never knew what happened when I brought it back. It worked when I originally had it, but something happened. They disconnected it and told me to bring it back to Viper (maybe a fried brain?) long story short I just told them to reinstall it. I can live without a remote start, even though I paid $$$$$$ for the alarm w/remote start. Lesson learned:have them explain to you how to use it before you leave. I screwed mine up trying to learn it myself.

2007 GT Performance White
Pype Bomb Axleback
JLT Series 3 CAI
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome