Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 System build with fiberglass box
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2012
mtu245
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm not sure if he did. But from the looks of the gear pic, it doesn't look like it. But I do believe that PAC makes a product model # MS-FRD1 that will allow sync to work with most aftermarket HU's. It takes the SYNC functionality and runs it out of a 3.5mm auxiliary out. You just take that out and plug it into your Auxiliary 3.5mm input on your aftermarket HU, and SYNC will play its audio on that particular auxiliary in on the new unit.

This mixed with PAc's steering wheel adaptor help to retain pretty much full stock functionality. The 2 kits from PAC are about a combined 180-200ish. So pretty pricy addition when the new deck more than likely does most of ehat SYNC offers.

I think i could live with just the wheel adaptor so that the Volume and Next Track functions work. I'd sacrifice SyNc.

2011 Kona Blue MT82 V6 Mustang Pony Package 3:31 Gear Ratio, Interior Upgrade Pkg, Security & Shaker500/Sync
Mods (in order of installed): AM Bama SCT SF3 Tuner w/ 87 Hybrid Tune, Airaid CAI, Hurst Billet Plus 2 Short Throw Shifter, Lethal O/R H Pipe w/ Stock Exhaust, Blacked-Out Tints on Rear Windows, Full Ceramic Tint on Front Windows, Metra Touchscreen Dash Adaptor, Single DIN Head Unit, 6.5'' Component Speakers Fronts, Stock Rear Speakers, 10'' Sealed Subwoofer, 4ch. and 1ch Amplifier. LED licence plate lights, LED interior dome lights, FRPP/Dynamic shocks and struts, SR Performance lowering springs, GT500 Strut Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR LCA's, BMR Relocation Brackets. Rear Seat Delete.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome