Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Mustang GTmanual dyno done today
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2012
1st RoadRage
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangChris810 View Post
Nice charts. Now I know why I get the best ET's shifting at right around 6500-6700 RPM. The Coyote seems to run out of steam after 6500 or so...
True. Nearly any engine drops off rapidly above peak power RPM - another reason why removing the shift limiter on the Coyote is bad juju since it is far more risky than beneficial. On some cars (like the early L98 Vettes) short-shifting hundred of RPM below peak actually provided better ET's. Part of this was the way the gears were spaced, but a lot was the fact that peak powewr fell like a stone in the early days of TPI and the much better intake manifolds and fuel delivery we have today.

Think what the KiYote will put out when it is direct injected. I would not be surprised to see 500 BHP.

2011 GT Premium Brembo ("Spirit"), Kona/red, 1.5" drop, Goodridge SS brake lines, 3.73's, LPW Ultra diff cover, HID, JLT oil catch can, FRPP ProCal II w. Airaid, FRPP X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, Boss LS tranny cooler, Boss oil cooler, Boss radiator, Torsen T2-R; FRPP "K" springs, struts, shocks, mounts, anti-rollbars, upper strut brace, poly bushings; Barton shifter/MkII bracket, CG-Lock, Grabber knob, silver Forgestar CF5 19x9 35mm offset, AE aluminum driveshaft

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome