Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Amp and Sub install, outcome
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2012
steviedon
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynobrat View Post
part of why I wanted subs in the back is because I don't like all the sound projecting from the front.

MVI 0626 - YouTube

it's the mirror that rattles not the light above it.
If you've isolated the rattling...then get to it skippy. I agree, the sub-bass should come from behind the driver.....so it has time to reflect and ramp up some cabin gain before reaching the drivers' ear. You completely missed my point about the soundstage. I wasn't refering to the subs. I meant that by removing the rear speakers, alleviating the pressure (the cause of most of the rattling) inside the trunk by way of the empty holes left, and only having the MID/HIGH stage coming from the front (the speakers in your doors)....it sounds better....IMO.

2012 Kona Blue 3.7 MT82
Airaid CAI, Flowmaster A-back, BBK ceramic shorties, black enkei raijin 18x8.5, Steeda ultralites/pro action dampers, whiteline PHB & brace
RJW Aggressor matte black stripes, GT bumper/CS valance/Saleen grille, AM black shift knob

It is only rarely that one can see in a little boy the promise of a man, but one can almost always see in a little girl the threat of a woman. ~Alexandre Dumas

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome