Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Adding 8" speakers to base model doors???
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2012
nbk13nw
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nbk13nw
I used DynaMat in the doors and the entire trunk area. Also matted the rear seat and floor area. Still need to complete the front flooring. I did find some rattling in the trunk due to the side marker lights. I put some time into getting those to settle down and it seemed to work find.

For amps I am using two JL Audio amps. A 6450 for the two upper door / rear deck and door subs. And a 300/2v2 for the rear subs.

Doors and rear deck are running some Infinity 5x7's, the two Rockford Fosgate 8" subs in the front doors. F0r the rear I purchased a custom enclosure from TC Customz out of Canada. And I put in two JL Audio 12" 12W0v3-4 subwoofers.

Below is a picture of the original RF 12" subs I used. I dont have a current picture of the JL's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00806.jpg
Views:	1323
Size:	876.5 KB
ID:	164624  

2005 GT, Flowmaster, SCT, JLT CAI, Eibach, Baer, FRPP Struts / Dampers, FRPP Deletes, FRPP 4.10's, TA Girdle, BBK UDP's, J&M Upper Link/Lower Control Arms, FRPP GT 500 Front Control Arms, Hurst short throw, Foose / BFG FDW's

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome