Thread: Tranny swap
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2005
kscoyote
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadmaster
well boys and girls. especially the girls, i like girls. Ok im getting off the subject. i called my "peoples" today and asked one of the stupid questions in the world expecting a stupid answer. I hate stupid people. if any one buys mustang and fast fords magazine in the july issue on page.. hold on im looking, ok there pg 20 left side, tranny swaps. I asked if i could bolt up a t-56 tranny to a 3.8 bellhousing, expecting the guy to say what are you freaking crazy why would you want to do that, but to my amazement he said. "No one has tried that i know of but let me get your name and # and i will call you back after i see what i find." about 2 hours later he calls me back and tells me that it is possible, i think i soiled myself. am i alone here of wouldn't it be awsone to have a 6 speed in a v6, i mean the same 6 speed in the viper. come on now that is awsome. the only thing that wasn't was the price. it says $2599 for the 96-04 but thats v8. v6 not that low try $3047 dollars plus the cost of a new flywheel and he said a new clutch but other than that its everything to bold right up to your v6. i need a and a :smoke: after that.

much love. peace im out
Jeez, man! I coulda' told you that. The only real problem is the gear ratios, which are set for a car with a lot more torque, and the weight.

You'd have to mod the tranny to get the most out of it . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome