Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - No Power to radio after install.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2012 Thread Starter
Litton500
Rookie

No Power to radio after install.

Hello everyone,

Hoping someone can help me figure out what's wrong.

I was replacing the factory skipper 500 radio HU with a Kenwood ddx419 in my 06' Mustang. I hooked up the new unit earlier today to test it out and it was working fine I played a cd and connected my Iphone. After testing, I disconnected everything I went inside to solder the harness together & heat shrink. Finished that came back out hooked everything back up and there was no power to the radio at all now. So I went back and cut and re-twisted the Ignition and constant power wires thinking I messed up the metra harness. Same thing, Then I thought I might of blown up my new HU, so I hooked up the shaker 500 and there was no power.

I used a test light to check if my radio fuse (#20 radio - start) was "bad" -It checked good. So I replaced it to be sure - no luck.

I then pulled all other fuses in the car (w/ battery disconnected) none were blown.

I disconnected the battery & tried to start and let the car fully discharge and tried again. -nothing

I then thought may I broke a wire pulling the harness off, I felt for lose wires in the car's harness and felt for any "lumps" in the wire. -nothing

My dad was generous enough to loan me his Explorer - Both units power up.

Everything else seems to work okay. I can still drive the car and everything else functions except the radio.

Thank you in advance for any help.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome