Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Need Advice for Removing Shaker 500 system out of 2013 Shelby GT500
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2012 Thread Starter
rancid
Rookie

Need Advice for Removing Shaker 500 system out of 2013 Shelby GT500

Hey guys,

I've had my 2013 GT500 for about a month now and the first thing I want to do is remove the stock Shaker 500 system with the integrated NAV system. I've done a good bit of research in advance on how to approach this and have everything figured out, but I have yet to find an actual wiring diagram of the 2013 door speaker amps. I know the 8" base amp is under the driver kick panel and I plan on removing those subs completely and putting in a component 6.5" woofer and am going to mount my component tweeter in the factory 6x8 location using custom brackets. All of this will run to an aftermarket 5ch amp.

I have three questions I am hoping someone can help with:

#1) Does anyone know what each of the wires do for the 2013 Shaker amp? Are they the same as the 2005+ diagram that was posted on here in the sticky section? I primarly need to know what wires seperate each ch so I can tap into them.

#2) I've heard the factory shaker500 amp that powers the door speakers is located in the trunk area behind the carpet on the driver side, is this correct? I haven't torn into the car yet due to work but figured it might be easier to ask so I can further plan out the wire runs.

#3) I plan on running new speaker wire for my door speakers in the front and rear and hooking them up to a 5ch amp. I am going to splice my JL Audio Cleansweep modules into the 4ch factory amp for the speakers as my line-in sources for the speakers, use a JL signal summing device for a sub ch, and remove the door subs as mentioned above. If I decide to remove all the factory shaker amps will I still retain sync and bluetooth functionality or is there a special harness I need? I've read mixed things on this with the F150 guys but apparently they have an aftermarket Sony system as part of the premium upgrade and it is different. My #1 reasoning with keeping the factory NAV HU is to retain sync/bluetooth.

Thanks in advance for any help, I've found more useful information on these forums than any other Mustang forum yet

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome