Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Hate OEM halogin headlights? $45 CURE.
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2012
Jazzcat
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenpb View Post
I don't get flashed. Basically what this mod does is enable the bulbs to operate at their rated power output (55-65W).

Your lamp in the living room has a large enough gauged cord so a 100W bulb will operate at 100W. It will not exceed that power rating no matter how large the lamp wire, but if that lamp cord is 50-75% smaller in thickness, the amount of current to the bulb will be reduced, and the bulb will not operate at 100W. Similar to comparing a garden hose to a fire hose, the thicker fire hose is going to produce a more gallons per minute than the thinner garden hose. In this case the thicker gauged wire produces more current enabling the headlight bulbs to operate at their full potential, something they weren't doing with the smaller gauged stock wiring.

This is the way the car should have come new.
I understand. In the end your lights are brighter. That would be my only concern with making our stockers brighter in that particular reflective housing, and whether other drivers mistake them for high beams. I think that country driving tends to be the worst for getting flashed, because your eyes are adjusted for the darker environment, and are more sensitive to oncoming light.

2012 V6 Auto / MPT Performance-Street Tune (5.0 Killa)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome