Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 OEM hood scoop issue
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2012 Thread Starter
C Green
PONY Member

2012 OEM hood scoop issue

I can't find anything about this issue, just one 2 yr old post that contained no answers. My oem hood scoop lifts up on the rear corners when its cold outside (50 or colder). When it warms up it sits flat. Has anyone else had this problem or more importantly.. found a solution to this issue. I know I can just go to the dealer, but the old post contained several reports of the dealer having no solution and just pulling it off and re-installing it, only for the problem to re-occur days later. This is not a "Do you like hood scoops" poll. If you hate scoops, there is no need to inform me of how stupid they are. I too would probably not order a scoop from the factory, but this was a lot car and I think it looks pretty cool..when it's not messed up that is. these pics when it was about 40 degrees outside.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hood2.jpg
Views:	1368
Size:	581.1 KB
ID:	166418   Click image for larger version

Name:	hood.jpg
Views:	1539
Size:	981.6 KB
ID:	166419   Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpg
Views:	17980
Size:	796.6 KB
ID:	166420  

2012 GT Premium, 6spd, 3.73 rear, Steeda shift bracket, GT500 ABs, tint, matte black OTT stripe, Boss shift knob and boot, MMD taillight trim, Infinity speaker upgrade
Previous Mustangs: 91 Lx 5.0 404 rwhp, 93 notch, 98 GTvert slow as hell,99 Gt, 2000 GT, 2001 GT, all manuals and all will be missed, mainly the 91 she was sweet.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome