Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New mustang fox body drag project NEED HELP
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2012
stang93mustang
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txsc2216 View Post
What else do you guys think I should do to the rear end as far as spool and I plan on doing shocks all the way around. And I'm not worried about cosmetic stuff cause I just want to get it running rather than look amazing that will come later. I'm gunna put a small block 355 in it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txsc2216 View Post
I plan on making it mostly strip but alittle on the street. I'm on kind of small budget as of now cause I'm a college student but I'm just trying to do mods slowly. It has a 8.8 in it with 3.73 gears and has subframe connectors. I plan on putting in a 8. Cage and leaving the front end suspension stock except for shocks and struts.
See......double spending! If you want a spool in there YOU CAN NOT DRIVE IT ON THE STREET! Get new rear upper and lower control arms. Get 90/10 front struts will be good for street/ strip. If you gonna put a cage in there and plan on running 10's......might as well at least put a 10pt in there just in case you start running faster.

It's the little things like this you have to think about.

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome