Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - SelectShift, is there a way to get it show what gear it's in?
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2012 Thread Starter
shepherdgirl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony_boy View Post
Just for the record, i have the regular auto, with no select shift. When cruising you can easily tell what gear the car is in... modulating the throttle, looking at rpms, vehicle speed etc... let alone where you change gear with the press of a button. Just my 0.02$
You're kidding, right? When cruising, no I can't easily tell what gear I'm in ... I'm usually busy doing something else like talking on a conf call, checking something on the nav screen, listening to the traffic report, putting on my makeup (just kidding with that last one), etc. If the roads are slick and highway starts trending to stop-and-go, I just want to be able to switch to selectshift and have the damn car to tell me what gear it's in, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74gtstang View Post
Pressing the "ok" button gets rid of the notice on mine. Then it shows the gear number at the bottom of the screen.
Aha! I never thought to try that, seems like it will solve the problem! I liked rex's idea of upshifting better than what I had been doing (which was nothing and just hoping a downshift would get me in the right gear when I needed it), but if the ok button works that will be great. Thanks for that!

2013 GT, Sterling Gray, 401A, Auto, Electr Pkg, Secty Pkg, Camera, Remote Start
Order 6/28, Build 9/19, ETA-1 9/28, ETA-2 10/2, ETA-3 10/11, Final ETA: 10/10

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome