Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - JBA longtubes and 11+ Mustangs-Beware
View Single Post
post #75 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2012
cshiznitzj
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strany View Post
Mystery sorta solved. I took my car in for a free oil change today at the dealers I purchased from, and told them of my problems with the error codes I was getting from the passengers side front O2 sensor. They told me that the sensor was fried, probably by the extensions JBA included with their kit. The other O2 sensor had been cross threaded and was devoid of most threads. Had to order 2 new sensors and with diagnosis and install my wallet will be lighter $350! Thank you JBA and Casper electronics for the piece of **** extensions that caused me so much grief. Back to the dealer next Tues to have them installed and hopefully my check engine lights issues will be solved. I ought to sue JBA for the money in small claims, still milling that one over. So for anyone else thinking JBA longtubes, DO NOT connect the extensions, unhook the factory harness to extend to the front O2 sensors so you dont potentially fry you new engine
Whats weird is I had a P0135 code pop up this weekend and I do not have extensions (checked factory connections and were good) and have had the headers installed for several months. I switched the oxygen sensors on each bank and the code p0155 came up, which shows it is a bad sensor, not wiring. I also data-logged and that sensor was reading zero air fuel at idle and had a short term fuel command of one.

Wondering why it gave up...

Ford Racing K-springs & dampeners. UPR Street adjustable UCA. UMI LCA & bolt in relocation brackets. Comp Eng. panhard.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome