Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 Navigation Bluetooth MAP Profile Upgrade
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2012 Thread Starter
WhiteBird00
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootman View Post
I have a 2011 with out nav and the sync can do a lot more than I understand, including receiving text through sync. My daughter was visiting and I took her to lunch. While driving my phone received a text and my daughter pressed a few buttons on the radio
and next thing I know the text was being spoken over the speakers. Just saying you might seek a young persons advice.
Thank you but I'm the IT Director for my company so I'm somewhat familiar with technology. (But I have been known to make the same suggestion to people on occasion)

In order to make SMS work with SYNC, it is necessary to enable the MAP profile in the car. Unfortunately, the "Enable MAP" menu option in the Advanced Settings menu is not available in the version 3.1 software currently installed in my car. Upgrading to 3.1.4 or 3.2.2 (as appropriate) gives you that menu option. It has been documented to work in non-nav systems so I'm looking for someone who has made it work with a 2011 nav-equipped car.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome