Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - SelectShift, is there a way to get it show what gear it's in?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2012
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdgirl View Post
Okay this is driving me crazy ... when switching to selectshift the screen just shows a big area of verbiage saying its in selectshift mode (duh) but not what gear you're in. Reason it's so annoying is that the gear is usually a surprisingly high one, like I'm going 60km and its in 5th or something like that. So then as I approach an area where I want to engine brake and downshift thinking its going to bring it into 3rd, it only goes to 4th so does nothing at all and I end up having to hit brakes anyway.
IMO selectshift is useless when you have to guess what fricking gear you're in when you first use it. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting I can change this with? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74gtstang View Post
Pressing the "ok" button gets rid of the notice on mine. Then it shows the gear number at the bottom of the screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
When putting the car into S it will display being in sport mode. Hit OK and that screen goes away. Then, when you use select-shift, it will have the gear pop up near the bottom of the screen.
Like 74gtstang and Katastrophe mentioned, when in SelectShift mode, the gears will show next to your odometer, guys. I hope this helps.

Deysha

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome