Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ordered 2013 GT500 Mufflers and Valance today
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2012
Elite_Deforce
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonkeyKong View Post
Dinged up gt500's sounds pretty common lately
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Killa View Post
One muffler and the valance showed up. Picked it up and found one tip was dented. So had to reorder a muffler. Still waiting on back ordered left too, though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusWolf View Post
yup, Tousley ford stopped shipping the some time ago because ford did not pack them well.

Overall, it's definitely grabs attention with quad pipes. Thinking about doing this to my car over the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonkeyKong View Post
Is it really that hard for em to pack the damn things well? Not like theyre super cheap!

+1 on all of this.

My drivers side tip on my GT500s was dented upon arrival from AM. They really do pack them like sh*t, with only some very minor bubble wrap on the tips. I didn't really see anything in the box that could have protected them sufficiently.

I'm planning on just trying to get the dent out myself with a vice or something or other.

Let me know if you guys find a better solution before I do it.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome