Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Mustang ordering closed!!!!
View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2012
diver88
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxed'05 GT View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems. It seems that some dealers inform their salesmen more than others..... How is it you got the coupon?????? I want one....
and it seems one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing at Ford.. Rockwall Ford in TX had a letter of confirmation from whoever accepts the orders saying an order for a 2013 Mustang would be accepted until November 10, 2013 and would be fulfilled as a 2013 with all available rebates for the 2013.

I just called Ford Marketing and requested a brochure, actually 2... one for my work address and one for my home address. the one I got at work had the $750 off coupon. I got 3 unsolicited coupons last year starting in November, which started me on my quest to find a glass roof GT to begin with. the last one was to expire in Feb 12, a car hit the ground 250 miles from me that was acceptable overall but the dealer didn't want to deal (he knew he had the car I wanted) and I passed. he called back 2 days later with a reasonable offer but Ford said the coupon expired 2 days before..so I lost the $750 coupon offer and I walked. I was told originally it expired several weeks later but funny thing, the expiration date changed when I found a car and the dealer got close to real.

all of this drama has cost Ford at least 2 sales, the $40,000 Mustang I wanted and yesterday I looked at a Chevy Silverado I'll pick up this weekend. not the pick-up I wanted but it was drama free.

good luck guys, I will either drive my Mustang for a while longer or trade for ?? (not an SS for sure)

2011 V6 Premium ,Grabber Blue/White Stripes/Charcoal Black, Auto/2.73, 202A Pony Package, Comfort Package.

Mods, Factory Engine Cover, Ford Strut Tower Brace, 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels/245-45-19 P-Zeros, Wheel Locks, Ford Accessory Alarm, Ford All-Weather Mats, window tint, spare tire/jack, cam cap mod.
on deck... Polk Audio db571 X 4 speakers & baffles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome