Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Refused delivery due to front bumper damage
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-17-2012 Thread Starter
jamesrrdaniel
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver88 View Post
I can't see the damage so it's hard to say if I'd accept a repair and not a replacement. looks sort of like the plastic chin part that you have circled.. I can't tell. one thing I might say and the fella before me might have said it already, if the dealer saw this before you did and repaired it you probably would have never known.

I would have asked for the repair/replace to be done and if that met my approval only then would I have accepted delivery of the car. repaired to my satisfaction and a written guarantee saying the repair was covered with the 3/36000yr bumper to bumper and I'd have been good with whatever ($300) or whatever they offered.

I'd feel lucky to find the car I wanted (Grabber Blue GT Premium with glass roof, sec and comfort packages).. and haven't found one so having the car in front of me I wanted and refusing it because of a very small repair or replacement on the chin or lower bumper seems hard to understand, especially since they offered to make it right.

my 2c's, I'm picky and I'll tell you good chance this could have happened to you the first time you pulled up to park and hit a curb as it has to many Mustang owners.. if you want that car, make them fix it and if it looks good jump on it. nothing say's there's not a lot that were repaired in some way before they left the factory...

if you can't stand the idea of a repair and can't find the car you want on the lot, order a 2014 ... of course the lack of initial rebates in the early going would have more than paid for the repairs on this one, that right now wouldn't be coming out of your pocket.

just my thoughts, good luck on the decision.

Thank you for the last sentence.

I'm trying not to be dramatic but it looked like the plastic was chewed up. Again, I keep saying gash not scratch. It wasn't a scratch!

And you're right. I think I should have went with the route that you suggested. Get a written statement. But at that moment I was just fed up, angry, so probably not thinking straight.
1. I felt they tried to pull a fast one on me
2. Did not want to make another 2 hour commute
3. Didn't feel the car was 100% after this. (sure, some might argue it was 99.99%. Gosh, at least let me turn it into that.)

I think for me it's when you get a brand new iphone. First time you drop it, you're really sad. The second time, not so much. But let's say before you bought it, someone drops it, fixes it but still asks for full price. Uhm, I don't want that one. Can I please get a different one that didn't have to get fixed. Allow me to be the one to drop it first. I believe paying for a certain price means not only you buy the right to use it but also the right to do the very next damage to it.
Okay, maybe I'm just crazy/psychotic as skulls says... jeez...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome