Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Can I drive my 2013 GT in the snow?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
412horses
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Granted Chicago probably gets it worse than Central Ohio, but as long as you have the all-season tires whether you can you drive your 2013 GT in the snow depends more on you comfort/skill with RWD in general than having a Mustang.

I grew up with RWD cars so it doesn't throw me so bad I guess. If you know you can keep an '86 Camaro V8 with Goodyear Eagle Ones on the road in the snow, this type of driving isn't quite so intense. I worry more about other drivers and getting salt on the car than I do about getting stuck.

I had mine out in the snow frequently last year and thought it actually did better than my '09 V6 which did pretty good. To get a feel for the car's limits, with all the controls on I tried to do some low speed controlled slides in a secluded area and I couldn't get the thing to slide. I wasn't gunning it like a maniac, I was just trying to mimic the type of driving you really (at least really should) be doing on bad roads.

I don't attempt to drive it on the ice, but I wouldn't attempt to get out with a FWDer on ice either.

Would probably make a big difference whether you have a manual or auto too.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome