Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Question for ProCal Tune owners
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
Do any of you have 2013 manual with procal? Mine made my car thump excessively whenever I hit the throttle while in 6th gear cruising, but other than that, I got the pinging that sound like my heat shield crumpling into pieces in 2nd gear around 2-4k rpm. I wish I could say the same as most of you guys but with this weird experience I ended up taking mine off after 3 days I don't think anyone would enjoy their ride when their drivetrain feel like is loose every time you hit the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Did you take the car back to the dealer that installed the PROCAL tune for diagnostics? What did FRPP tell you or the dealer about the noises? Was the dealer able to "localize" either of the noises? Did the dealer run ECM logging to see what the "knock sensors" were reporting and what was happening to the spark timing?

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome