Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Can I drive my 2013 GT in the snow?
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
matthewr87
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
Much easier to drive in the snow with an automatic, less to worry about.

I know there are a lot of mixed answers here, but I fear there may be a lot of dilution here.

I come from a city with snowfall that exceeds my height by at least double sometimes with terrible roads and snow removal crews, and I've driven in these terrible winters for years and years. I would just like to make it clear once again that WINTER TIRES ARE 100% NECESSARY AND ALL-SEASONS ARE NEXT TO USELESS.

Hope this helps, keep everyone safe and cheers.
Exactly this. For me snow tires are not even remotely an option. They are completely necessary. I don't buy the good driver/bad driver argument. If you need to slam on the brakes or perform an evasive maneuver on all season tires in icy or snowy conditions, it does not matter how good of a driver you are. Even F1 drivers will slam into a sidewall if they have no traction.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome