Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - About to upgrade to the 13 GT
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Elite_Deforce
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrdbym View Post
Well the color is purely subjective, so you're just going to get everyone's favorite. I'd say the color that makes your heart skip a beat when you see it on the car is the one you need to buy. I have the red metallic. It looks fantastic in the sun.
Probably the only parts your dealer will install are the Ford Racing. If they do install any other brands they surely won't be warrantied through Ford. FR parts are warrantied through Ford. I have the track pack on my car because I plan to do some HPDE's with it. 95% of the time though it is my DD. I think the pack is worth it for that reason. If you never plan to track it, I'm not so sure you'd benefit from it on the street. I suppose some back road running would be more fun. You'll just have to deicde if it's worth it. It's not like running a back road is timed, so you'll have just as much fun without the track pack. I don't really find it is bothersome on the road, it's just the money factor.
I purchased an axle back FR GT500 exhaust. I really just wanted the extra sound, not performance. So I went cheap, only $300 to my door. Again, that is all preferrence.
Good luck with your search.
+1 on the exhaust. Must have.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome