Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - About to upgrade to the 13 GT
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckk9 View Post
I just sold my 07 gt to my father in law in Australia for a good bit of money. I'm about to buy a 13 gt once I get to Texas. I'm so stoked. Having trouble deciding between grabber blue, deep blue or candy red(which I really like). Also, with a warranty, if I have dealership put things on for me, is my warranty still good? Track package worth it? Thanks in advance. Also, those of you who have it already, which exhaust setup did you go with? Cat back or axle back?
Any exhaust change is really only about sound.....no real HP gains here. That being said, "great sound" is almost as "subjective" as "best color" I didn't want "super loud" as much as I wanted "deep rumble." I installed the FRPP GT500 axlebacks and their sound is just terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
I never understood why people liked Candy Red, but that's your opinion. I think it's the worst colour you can get.
Part of the "possible lack of understanding" may have to do with the way you spell "color" For some of us, one of the most popular colors of "hot rods" in the 60's, in the U.S.A., was "Candy Apple Red" Some of us either drove a "Candy Apple Red" street rod or wanted one! I always tell people the color of my Mustang is "Candy Apple Red," and most "car guys" immediately make the connection

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome