Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - About to upgrade to the 13 GT
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
ace72ace
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I take a back road on the way home even though it's a little longer to enjoy the curves and scenery. One day last year a GB 5.0 passed me going the other way and I have to say the color really pops. You will know for sure once you see it in person if it's for you.

I'd also see if you can find a model that has the Recaros, worth a turn behind the wheel to see if you like them. I don't really miss the power adj. that my wife's '11 GT has.

Track pack is a nice to have in case you are planning on attending some events, and it really shouldn't lose that much value on resale. As someone else pointed out, the most noticeable thing you would get with this is the 3.73 gears. They really add to 'get off the line' feel w/o that big a sacrifice in MPG. For times when you want an easy start from a stop, the engine easily allows you to skip 1st and start in 2nd gear with just a little more RPM.

+1 on the GT500 axle backs, they sound great, but if you feel the need to spend more than twice as much, I've heard a lot of positive feedback for Corsas.

For other mods, consider sound tube delete (makes checking your oil 10x easier and remove ugliness), hood struts, and an MGW shifter - huge difference.

Good like finding your new Mustang!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome