View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
Pete Grimaldi
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Is this worth the money? I got my Steeda Tri-Ax shifter and bracket last year for $220 on sale during the winter.

What are some pros/cons from the different brands and set ups? Mine uses the stock shifter ball and boot with no problems.

Are there warranty concerns with replacing the shifter components? You won't void the warranty by switching shifters. Any warranty concerns with the transmission would be related to abusing the drivetrain. The shifter mod would not cause this.

I've heard some concerns with noise and heat. I don't want that. My Steeda has no increased noise or heat.

I don't currently have any issues with the MT82. I didn't either. I switched out the bracket first for a few months, and this improved the shifting for me. The installation of the shifter made it even better.

Would replacing the shifter make it more or less likely to have issues down the road? The shifter would not affect it negatively. If anything, it would help to avoid issues. The stock shifter and bushing is the weakest link in the drivetrain.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome