Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Question for ProCal Tune owners
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
5LITER_MUENSTER
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I called ford racing and they said that it will sometimes make drivetrain noise more apparent due to increased throttle response. BULLSHYT! Basically nothing they can do. Without procal my car always been fine. I didn't even know what drivetrain slop was until this experience with procal. The throttle is as smooth as butter with stock tune and no sign of any play, noise, vibration, or anything other than your normal MT82 characters that almost everyone experience one way or the other. With procal my 6th gear feel broken. Every time I hit the throttle there's the thumping that I can feel through my legs and body. I can even play with the thumping or the clunk. The harder I come down on the throttle the vibration is much more harsh. I can almost make it sound like something is going to fall off. I don't understand how my car end up with this excessive slop with procal.

As far as taking the car to the dealer I don't think I am. Obviously it's something within this procal calibration for my MT82 2013 GT that's causing this and ford racing already said this is normal and expected. I can see if it did the same on stock tune but its perfect on stock tune. I would hate for someone to tear into something that was never broken and possibly create new problems. To be honest, my experience with my local ford dealer been real crappy so far. I really don't even want to deal with them unless I reaalllyyy have to.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome