Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 Mustang Gt First Mod Recommendations? Every Tip Helps ;)
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
Stang_chick808
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsargent09 View Post
If you have the cash I would pick up some wheels. The difference it makes is night and day.
Im not too concerned about the wheels yet, since the factory set doestn look that bad and plus my friend told me i have a lot of life left on those tires. So ill kill those first

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegabrielles View Post
First thing, you need to decide what is most important and where you plan on taking the car and how much you want to spend. I agree with above, wheels are a great investment. They help looks an performance, but to me a stock GT sits to high so my first Mod would be lowering springs, or even better a matching suspension "Kit". Your stock Rims and tires will get you by until its time to invest on new tires, then but a rim/ tire package.

Thanks! I agree with you totally. That what i had in mind as well. My budget will probably be around 1500$ to spend. What do you think about the Eibach springs? Eibach Lowering Springs Sportline Front and Rear Red Ford Mustang Kit 803050230997 | eBay

Performance... nothing beats a tuner! Axle backs, sounds great, but do little for performance... but did I mention, they sound great! If you decide on a tuner go with AM SCT with tunes for life, that way any mods you do in the future will be easy to change the tune to match. Add an Air Raid CAI to the tuner while you are at it. Again, like exhaust there is very little improvement on Performance, but its a good combo.

Either way, make it you own! That's part of having a Mustang. As long as it meats your ideas... its a good mod! Good luck!
Thanks gabrielles! I agree with you totally. That what i had in mind as well. My budget will probably be around 1500$ to spend. What do you think about the Eibach springs? Eibach Lowering Springs Sportline Front and Rear Red Ford Mustang Kit 803050230997 | eBay

I think i might just go with cosmetics first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
It really depends on what you want to do with the car.

Decide that first...then you can choose what parts you want to throw in it.
I guess im kinda narrowing it down to just lowering it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
I agree, your vehicle will actually sound like a muscle car with new axle backs. The GT500s are great!!
Any videos you can post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
First and most easy and cheapest, licence plate and dome lamp mods.

Speakers next.

Axle backs next.

Wheels next.
Whats the dome lamp mod?

Thank you guys for helping me out.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome