Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 Mustang Gt First Mod Recommendations? Every Tip Helps ;)
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2012
ChiZ_65
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Everyone is giving some descent advice so far. For me, I went with looks and sound for my first mods. I lowered the car and added larger/wider wheels and tires. I highly recommend the Eibach Pro Springs for when you lower. The whole suspension kit is NOT necessary unless you plan on racing or putting a lot of strain on the car (drove my friends 2012 with the full Eibach Pro kit with shocks/struts, sway bars, etc.. and it felt exactly the same as mine under normal conditions). Since I don't track my car, I won't waste my money on the rest of the kit. And I don't think an adjustable panhard bar is necessary if you just do the springs. I asked Galpin Auto Sports if they needed to add one when they dropped my car and they said no. And I wasn't charged for one. Car sits perfectly aligned and aggressive with no issues. So...

Lots of people like the GT500 axlebacks. And with all the Black Friday deals you can get them insanely cheap right now. Best thing is to go to Youtube and check out all the different exhausts available to see what sound you like. I personally prefer and went with Bassani. Check out this thread

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...tems-vids.html

I recommend tinting your windows (will help with those Alabama summers). Plus, it makes our Candy red look sick! Also, get rid of the radio antenna and put a mini one on there. Looks way better and is under $20. Check out the marketplace on here and visit some of the vendors pages like Americanmuscle.com ...You'll hit that $1500 limit in no time.

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome