View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2012
5LITER_MUENSTER
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyopusha View Post
I've enjoyed my pro cal tune. Definitely faster. My QM time is down to 12.7... Maybe it is the cooler temperatures, but I am getting 0.3 secs faster since I've pt in the tune. I did it myself. I am not sure why people on here are getting dealers to do it. All it is just loading 1s and 0s. Yeah, I get that 6th gear thump, but easing a little gas when shifting mitigates the issue all together. Overall I would rate the tune a B+. Not bad at all.
As radio guy said, the reason why most of us get it done at a dealership and pay their sometimes ridiculous fees is for warranty. If you didn't get your dealer to install your procal and faxed ford racing a copy of the RO and receipt of purchase than you will not be covered for warranty. You might as well have went with SCT.

The drive line clunk in my situation with procal has nothing to do while shifting. It does it in 6th gear while cruising when I get on the throttle from coast. Tip in clunk would be another word for it.

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome