Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 'Stang got company
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2012 Thread Starter
hingedthinker
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
We did the standard 3.5 V6, the 2.0 Ecoboost isn't enough motor for that heavy of a rig, IMHO.
I dig the Sport, but it's overkill for her hauling the kids around, neither of us wanted leather in the Vegas summer, so we decided that the XLT was right for her. We went Sterling Gray, with blacked out windows, and a light tint on the tail lights to blend it all in.

Besides, I just bought a '12 Wrangler if we need 4wd to go anywhere.

Good choice on the color, I had a Red Candy F-150, and it was great!
Well... uhh my wife REALLY wanted the sport. We have three kids. Three car seats in the second row... I had to buy MORE freaking car seats... grrr.

It was hard to argue with her. She was in love with the sport that she test drove. They sold it that afternoon to some folks looking at it when we got back! So, she wound up with the one in the pic above. My wife did comment that it wasn't fair that I get to drive a Mustang GT and she would have *only* 290hp with the std V6. How do I win that argument? I got to admit, I really enjoy driving it. Torque steer is a tad unacceptable under full tilt from slow rolling or standing start. Other than that, the vehicle is awesome fun to drive and luxurious. I owned a 545i beemer... and the explorer is just as nice lux imho.

As you can imagine, we only have about 300 miles on it so far. Mileage shows 15.5-16 with city driving. It will break-in better for Phoenix...

2013 Ford Explorer Sport
[SOLD] 2012 Mustang GT (disappointed)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome