Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket Shift Knobs. Do they all look goofy?
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2012
Allez Rouge
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabongrob View Post
Pics? Or were ones already posted here? If i could stay oem, that would be a suitable option. I'm fed up with this goofy nub that i have at the moment. :-)
This is the 401A shift knob, which also requires the matching boot. Together they make this an expensive option, and this setup has the collar and sleeve that you don't like.

I recently replaced my car's 401A knob with the black Boss 302 knob, which uses the same boot (i.e., so I had to buy only the knob). The 401A knob looks great, but it's cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I had a billet knob in the Miata that I drove for 17 years, and that was enough.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome