Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - rear seat delete
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2012
Elite_Deforce
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke View Post
I'd love to see that link. I only popped the seats out to re-cover them so didn't put 'em on a scale or anything but that's pretty shocking since it felt like there was nothing there.
Regardless, after installing a delete and then the X Brace I can't imagine there's much savings in that dept..
That being said if you really like that look then go for it. It's your car. I did it on my '88 and had a cage to work around so it was a total hassle but the cage made the back seat unusable anyway.
I think this is one of those things where guys who have gone through the "I really want a race car for the street" and learned that it rarely ends well are just trying to help out. After awhile the deleting of comfort creatures and functionality add up and you may end up regretting all the extra cash that could've been better spent.
BUT...once again it is your car and the beauty of the Mustang platform is it's a good one to make it your own!
I call BS as well. Those seats aren't worth much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtownStang View Post
Steeda brace & panels is right at 15#, so still a weight savings. Only thing I gave up by deleting the seat is nothing. I didnt use them for passengers & there is actually more room back there without the seats.
Can you fit a bike back there?

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome