Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Xpipe or h pipe
Thread: Xpipe or h pipe
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2012
nsadams87xx
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnull68 View Post

Yeah, I'm "skeptical" and "cautiously optimistic" at the same time..."skeptically optimistic"? Anyway, I can't help but hope the h might make a little more. Been wanting to try one, anyway next season.

I don't blame you. This day and age with the way cylinder heads are designed, exhaut equalization is acheived much better now even with a "sharp 90 degree turn at the crossover section." Get real, marketing. Theoretically, yes, it's less effective than an X pipe the smoothens out the pulses but by what? SVTPeformance and Lethal teamed up a while ago and did back to back dyno testing of their offroad X and H pipes and found a whopping 1'ish horsepower difference on average between the two. Get what your ear likes. H pipes paired with the right mufflers sound epic. One of my favorite exhaust combos: long tube headers, high flow catted H pipe, resonator delete, and GT500 axle backs. Sounds KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLER. Sounds like an angry raw undeniable muscle car. Then another one of my favorites, my setup (well...soon to be setup, waiting on my mid pipe ): long tube headers, high flow catted X pipe, and Magnaflow Competition Catback. Sounds like a race car. Both setups do what they do well and that's what counts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome