Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - GT500 axle backs
View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2012
choate
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
I was fine with the tips at first but the more I looked at cars with rolled tips the more I liked them and kinda made mine look cheap. To each their own im not knocking the mufflers one bit I loved them when I had them but I just wanted a little more sound . And the build quality between the two IMO is night and day and definitely better materials used on the sports. Its a win either way you go I just love that deep borla esque tone you get with the sports better. Ive had roush and huspowers also and the sports won out in the end .
I really liked the fact they are flush too. I didn't want mine sticking way out w/ big chrome rolled tips. It's just an opinion but it was a big plus for me on the gt500

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingStang View Post
Its hard to beat the price for these.
This was huge too. Great price, arguably one of the best sounding mufflers, no drone, and with the $500 I saved from a high end brand I went ahead and got CAI, Tune AND mufflers all in one shot lol.

Also, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned but removing the resonators makes it sound quite a bit better under throttle and doesn't change under little or light throttle. I'm 31 years old and have had some loud mustangs but I wouldn't call this "quiet" by any means. Maybe I'm just getting old.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome