Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Alignment problems with newly installed winter tires?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2012 Thread Starter
LT Zod
Apprentice

Question Alignment problems with newly installed winter tires?

Have had my GT/CS for 1.5 years now and I absolutely love the electronic steering. Have 16k miles and she was still perfectly aligned and turned with the slightest touch.

This is now the second winter season on my winter tires and ever since they installed them, the alignment has been off. The steering wheel wants to glide 3-5 degrees to the left. It is also slightly easier to turn left than right, as far as resistance in the wheel. If I keep my steering wheel in neutral, completely in the center, my car veers to the right slightly. None of this was an issue before they installed my tires, and I don't recall this being a problem last year.

It isn't a huge misalignment, but with how sensitive my steering usually is (which I like), I notice is a lot easier than I would say with my wife's Focus.

Anyone know why this would happen? I want to talk to the dealer about it, but I don't want to pay friggin $100 to correct the alignment if I have to do the same thing in the Spring when they put on my summers again. I usually have zero problems with this dealership, so I'm not sure what happened.

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT/CS | Red Candy | Manual | MCA Edition | Premium Leather | Glass Roof Option | Security Package

Painted Shelby Stripes | Black "GT" Fuel Door | Retro Chrome handle on Short Shifter | Borla S-Type Axleback Exhaust

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome