Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2013 GT Cold Weather Traction Test = Rolling Burnout!
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2012
glock22357

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCE EATR View Post
lol yeah i know they are summer tires, but i'm just running them thru the winter to burn them off so I can get some real rubber for next year. probably going to get some 285/40/19 pzeros for the rear. they'll look nice and beefy
Let me share some exprience with you.

The standard OEM tires for Brembo cars are awesome, and max the performance of our cars......for about 5-7k miles. There are no tires that will be more "real rubber" than what is on it now. "Beefy" means nothing, the proper tires for your car mean everything. Deliberately trying to "burn them off" is going to do nothing but cost you lots of money. If you are not concerned about money, go for it.

Getting larger (wider) tires, will not help the performance of your car on balance. At best it will create understeer in corners. The very expensive OEM tires you have (and their sizes) were specifically tested and chosen for our cars, for very specific reasons.

Do what you want, it's your money. Just don't think you're smarter than the Ford engineers that spec'd the tires for our cars. And our tires are not meant for winter driving, this should be obvious.

Your OEM tires cost $1600 to replace. If you have that cheese to drop every few thousand miles, keep doing what you're doing.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome