Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Euro Sales of Mustang being questioned
View Single Post
post #47 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2012
Vankor
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
The S197 isn't quite a crappy car that handles like a pickup truck. That said, whether the next gen will be "better" or not, what we DO know is, a base 2015 GT will sticker somewhere north of $30,000. I don't think this will endear the car to it's core fans, nor will it make the car more attractive to new buyers seeking affordable performance.
Considering that the base price of a GT premium went up 7k from $27,000 to $34,000 in just 4 years (2008 vs 2012 prices) I expect an IRS Mustang with a new engine lineup (even if it includes the 5.0 there will be a new engine to go with it) to cost even more. They have to make up for the R&D in making an almost totally new car.

Sent from a lumpy rock in my lawn using Hammer & Chisel
Over: 2008 GT Premium, Black, Smoked out LED taillights, Roush window louvers, Cervinis Type IV ram air hood & hood struts, Ford Racing FR500s axlebacks, Cravenspeed stubby antenna, CDC Classic chin spoiler
Under: JLT 3 Intake with Brenspeed tune, Koni shocks & struts, J&M Extreme rear LCA's, J&M adj panhard bar, Strut tower brace, Charcoal AMR wheels, Conti Extreme DW tires 255/45/18

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome