Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Big Parts Week!
Thread: Big Parts Week!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
xarius
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAFISH View Post
Very nice selection of Mods !
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LitreRiceEater View Post
If you have tools, (air tools help but not needed) all this can be done easily by you. I have learned how to work on my own car after a buddy helped me install a similar setup (the exact same for that matter). Got home at 10:30 PM after work one night, Found the UPS box, called my buddy, and put it all on by 1:30 AM. It is honestly very easy. Just watch a video online and then when you take off the wheels just look at your current set up and unbolt & replace.

rent spring compressors from auto zone its free and they are self explanatory to use.
Also don't forget to get an alignment ASAP afterwards.
So tempting to do myself... I don't have a jack or jackstands yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
Congrats,

I agree with 5LitreRiceEater. Since you put the ota pipes and axlebacks on you can do the suspension too.

On a side note, is that a bumpsteer kit? If so be aware that some folks have had issues arise with the EPAS after installing them.

Would love the jpc or borla. I just can't justify the cost and don't trust any of the local shops to remove the resonators.
Picked up the borlas used on the classifieds here pretty cheap. Compared to new anyway! Keep an eye out!

I was reading about the front upper control arm and EPAS issues.. was unaware the bumpsteer kits were also having similar issues. I may read into it more before installing!

I really would love to do the install myself. Maybe I'll look into the jackstands and jack this week for a weekend install...

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome