Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - First time down the drag strip!
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2012 Thread Starter
Bgoins
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28th1s View Post
Congrats!! Car ran well!!

I was there yesterday with my son (FoolnYa). He was running his '12 3.7 V6 Mustang. I was right at the starting line for each of your runs. I will see if my other son got any videos of your runs. According to my Kestrel 4000 weather meter the DA was great all day. It went from about 200-300 above during the early afternoon to about 200 feet below in the last hour or so.

Just for comparison there was a new black SRT8 Charger with the 392 Hemi (470 HP) there yesterday that had 30 day tags on it. It looked and sounded stock and looked like a lady was driving it. I saw it make two passes and it ran like a 12.61 and 12.63 at a little over 110 MPH's.
Thanks! I saw you guys. He has the 3.7 badge on his fender I think. Nice looking ride. If he posts any videos on you tube please send me the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
DA will play a major role at the track. Your 60' doesn't look too bad at all for the first time. If modding is not your thing just yet, throw on some drags and get the launching down just right. You should see some amazing numbers with your A6.
Thanks man. I think some Weld rims and drag radials might be a smart choice since I don't want to void my warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Prepare for the mod bug's bite.
It's tough but making that monthly payment makes it easier to not spend more on mods. With my foxbody, the initial price was so cheap it was so easy to throw a few hundred at it here and there for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
Nice runs.

If you get that 60 down a little bit, you will see a very high 12.
Yeah I was thinking about power braking it a little at the line to launch harder. I was just leaving off idle and flooring it. I don't think there was any wheelspin, if there was any I couldn't tell.

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome