Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What race helmet do you wear and recommend?
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2012 Thread Starter
GT Gone
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post
This was the cheapest SA2010 helmet they had on Summit. Feels good on. Gets the job done. It was $149.

Racequip 252113 - RaceQuip SA2010 Open Face Helmets

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
I could buy that right now if it wasnt for my paranoia. I LOVE the price, but I just wish I could find a full face helmet for that price. But like you said, it gets the job done and it's SA approved and that's what matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulozzz View Post
I bought my HJC helmet in white because it was cheaper then the black one. But that black helmet is beautiful. My helmet matches my Perf White V6 though :-)

So no complaints, no issues. That helmet gets more confortable everytime i wear it. And since it is SA2010 certified, it can also be used for karting, car with a roll bar or a motorcycle, most motorized sports.
Nice to hear a opinionated review about it (as well as a picture), thank you! And I agree, the black helmet really does look fantastic. I can only imagine it with the smoked visor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
One thing you need to remember is that helmets are designed differently, as in, a motorcycle helmet isn't designed to take the same impact in the same location over and over; we are bouncing down the highway after we crash.

Whereas, on the track.. in a car... a car helmet is designed to take an impact in the same location more than once, if you are strapped in yor car correctly. They are more expensive for this reason.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "so how much is your head worth", as some say... but it is something to think about....
Hmm, I didnt know that, now it makes a lot more sense on why it costs so much more (besides being fire resistant). I'm glad I knew that before I let my friend convince me into getting a motorcycle helmet in the meanwhile! I dont want to dish out extra money anyway for a helmet that I dont intend to use for long or would give me issues at the track regarding if I can use it.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome