Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Trading My C5 for an '11 GT, Getrag MN82 ?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2012
mustangkid9234
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5POINTO View Post
Then the guys driving the C5's suck.

I owned a C5, stock for stock a V6 Mustang will not pass one on a road course, not even close, even a V8 Mustang would have a hard time. They are just a better balanced, lighter, smaller and have IRS. And a modded C5 can be a monster on a road course.
1. his is not even close to stock...
2. true they could have sucked
3. As per MT 82. Mine is notchy in the cold but i just double clutch for the first few minutes and it goes away.
4. I had my 3rd gear syncro replaced... Originally from day one WOT runs at the track and on the street I would be locked out of third. Like deflected. Or hit the gate. After I got the syncro replaced I have hit every third gear shift and missed it for the first time today by accident.
IMO they are solid trannys with little hic ups but most cars have something to complain about. Some early model year 2-11s had bolts backing out but as far as I know none of the newer ones have had that issue

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome