Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Is it bad to rest your foot on the clutch pedal while in gear?
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2012
mustangkid9234
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSteve View Post
Thanks for all the responses. Like I mentioned, I don't do this all the time, only when I'm in a situation that I know I will be shifting often. My foot usually rests on the floor but this is all good info. I have driven many standards since I started driving and I guess I never really thought of it and never had to replace anything to do with the clutch. In the future I will try and remember this and break myself of the habit. Thanks again.
Well if you driven standard before and if it works for you then its fine. Its sorta like winterizing a car or anything. A lot of opinions but no straight and true facts
I get my resons from my dad who has maybe 200k on standard and my grandfather with probably close to a million miles on standard (nyc truck driver)... Granted they are easy on clutches because im young and i also race at the drag and like spirited driving

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome