Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Tires, rims, coil overs
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2012 Thread Starter
mustangkid9234
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

here is my list now.
V3 and potenza pole positions/ Conti Extreme Contact DW/ Nitto invo. All with in $100 of each other basically and GT500 strut mounts, and mount and balane for about 3k

V1 and everything else for about 2300

Or finally Koni sports (yellows) and including everything else for $1570

Then with that I can take the extra money and put it towards 3.55s

Also, do you think I should still get sway bars (especially adjustable if I get any of these "packages"). the sways were gonna be a gift but if they are not really needed I could always throw the 470 towards any of the packages.

As for DBBlackStang

Tires- I am gonna listen and go to 255/45-18. And if you want tell me how much to ship to NJ and I could be a buyer

Coil overs- From some searching the BC and/or megans seem to have a general understanding of being cheaper/louder/ not as good. I rather get less but more quality (think of it like going to home depot to buy a big 32inch snow blower or go to honda dealer and get a 28). And I think the V1s only offer height adjusting.

Gears- I get what you mean totally. I am not that competitive so it would be worthless to get a gear just based on tracking. I want to retain some MPGS but be able to get off the line quicker then a PP.

Sways- I might just toss those and see how the suspension works out
Strut mounts- I thought you cant use stock again, hence buying new

Alignment- ok so you prove my theory sorta. Would you just mark/ write down how many turns or what ever it is to adjust between different set ups

I will PM you about your tires DB

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome