Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford Racing 84.5 or 90mm Throttle body?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2012 Thread Starter
pac-man
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
I have seen his before and after dyno results with the 84.5mm accufab and he gained a minimum of 15 wtrq and as much as 20 wtrq and 20 whp in the midrange around 5300 RPMs over the stock throttle body. After 5400 or so the gains are much smaller at around 2-4 whp so peak gains are not massive but overall there is a much larger area under the torque curve.
Isn't most (or all) of that gain due simply to the retune?

I mean, I already have the Steeda 91 tune, which picked up about the same HP and torque gains you cite for the TB and tune. I'm probably now at about 440 hp at the flywheel, with redline above 7,000 (much like the Boss). Are you saying that with the addition of a larger TB and another retune, I can add another 20 hp...over and above what the Steeda tune gave me? Confused.

2012 GT Yellow Blaze MT 3.73 * Steeda CAI & 91 Tune * Koni Yellows * Steeda Sports * BMR Adj. Panhard Bar, UCA, LCA's & Brackets * Barton Shifter & Bracket * Ford Brake Duct Cooling Kit * Steeda Brakes * Hypersilver Eurotek O2 19x9.5's * 275/40ZR19 Michelin PSS's * Ford Racing Touring Mufflers * GT/CS Front Valance * Boss Splitter * Blackout Fogs, Deck Lid & MMD Tail Light Trim * GT500 Rear Diffuser & Splash Guards * Infinity Ref. Fr. Speakers * Custom Faux Gas Cap * Redline Hood Struts *.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome