Ford Mustang Forum banner

just weighed my 2011 gt, surprised #

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  412horses 
#1 ·
Well just went with a buddy to weigh my car. The two of us weigh right at 500lbs so I was expecting a minimum of 4300lbs. Had a half a tank of gas and my spare and jack still in the trunk...

Pulled on the scale and it read 4000lbs exactly. Was like damn, we jumped out of the car and it read 3500, so pretty sure its accurate. I had thought these cars weighed around 3800 with no driver.... guess not lol. What has everyone else seen weight wise?

G
#2 ·
Well just went with a buddy to weigh my car. The two of us weigh right at 500lbs so I was expecting a minimum of 4300lbs. Had a half a tank of gas and my spare and jack still in the trunk...

Pulled on the scale and it read 4000lbs exactly. Was like damn, we jumped out of the car and it read 3500, so pretty sure its accurate. I had thought these cars weighed around 3800 with no driver.... guess not lol. What has everyone else seen weight wise?
Most of these cars weigh in at around the 3600lb. mark.

Where did you get it weighed at?

#3 ·
with the lighter exhaust setup that might explain the 100lbs...the other 500? Well make sure you take that jack out ....

#5 ·
Absolutely! You only fight over the arm-rest. Usually. :)

#8 ·
My car weighed 3480 with a nearly full tank of gas. But only 3650 with me in it. I think Mustangs are kind of heavy, for what they are.

G
#11 ·
Mine weighed in at 3790lbs at MIR with me in the driver's seat(150lbs), 1/2 tank, and two overnight bags for my girl and I with some camera gear. This was with stock headers+cats and a Magnaflow catback, stock intake, stock Pirelli tires on original Brembo wheels, and stock driveshaft.

It was 3795 after lunch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.