Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - using gt500 strut mounts to convert 2011+ v6 to 2005-2010 suspension
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2012
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
I'm guessing you didn't read the post?
" I checked the alignment and it had not changed from stock - no reason for it to, since I did not lower the car and change the suspension geometry.
A performance shop in our area did the modification work. They put the car on their alignment system after the work and the alignment was well within the stock specifications. They made no adjustments. Checking the alignment, after working on the suspension, is a very good idea.

I did read you post. For your benefit and everyone else who wasn't there when you got your work done I will always recommend to get an alignment. That doesn't mean adjustments need to be made, but to have an actual technician put the car on an alignment machine. You were vague on that part. How many times have you heard someone say they 'checked their alignment' by looking at their tires and the fact that their steering wheel is straight? I'm simply not a fan of ambiguity.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome