Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Convertible shaker 500 rear speakers
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2012
joihan777
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlud00 View Post
Does anyone know if the rear (side panel) speakers in the 2012 convertible with the shaker 500 stereo have the low frequencies filtered out? I've been trying to determine where the best place to wire a trunk mounted powered subwoofer. Mostly I've read to use the speaker level front door subwoofer leads, but I would like to use the rear speaker leads (at the speaker itself) if possible. If I use the door subwoofer high level leads (after the amp), will it deminsh the sound of the door subs? Is there a site or web address that I can contact Ford with those kind of questions?
I ran a LOC from the Shaker500 subwoofer speaker outs successfully on my previous '06. https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-project.html
I'm doing it again on my '12. You can simply connect everything electrically, but not installed, and test run it with your ears. Use an old "source select" box to swap between sources instantaneously would make comparisons better.

Hopefully, someone here has already jacked into the rear speaker leads for a subwoofer input....

SEARCHING FOR A NEW MUSTANG!!!!!!

Last Mustang - 2012 Kona Blue/Stone Top-Interior V6/AT convertible. Panavise Phone Mount.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome