Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Subwoofer replacement for 2005 V6 Shaker 500
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2013 Thread Starter
Khralen
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Oh wow! Thanks for all of that info! I will probably get those speakers and subs, but I don't really need a 12" in there. My mom doesn't like TOO much base. Did you keep your OEM stereo unit in the dash? The only reason I am looking to get her a new one is because she doesn't have an aux input to plug her iPhone or iPod into, and she said if she is going to get a new unit to put in her dash she would want one that has a USB port so she can charge he phone while playing music.

I was looking at some in the $100 range, but again price is flexible and I want one that will work well with the amps in the car, not sure is the stock amps only work with some stereos.

1989 Black/Red Mustang LX Hatchback *SOLD*
-Swapped 4 banger for a 5.0 V8 -5-speed from a 92' -5.0 Rear end from a 92' -Euro Clear headlights -Louvered taillights from a 92' -16" GT 5 spoke wheels from a 92' -Pioneer stereo deck
1994 Black/Black Mustang GT *Current Project*
-Rebuilt motor -Alpine stereo deck -12" Pioneer Sub -Two-toned interior (reflective silver/black) -SR Performance Air filter-FlowMaster Exhaust -MSD distributor and rotor -MSD coil pack -Ford Racing spark plug wires

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome