Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Advice help needed on 2012 GT base model
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2013 Thread Starter
beezer1519
Rookie

Ok so ive been learning some stuff on the interwebz and I feel im a bit over my head for wiring all this together. So I have a 4 channel amp with the 801s and im not trying to spend more money than necessary especially since this is a learning curve for me.

That being said what im getting from sites is I should power my 4 speakers just with a 4channel amp. like I said before I don't want to buy more than needed and want to make do with what I have. So ive been reading about wiring in series or parallel to only use 2 of the 4 channels in the amp. Leaving the last two to be bridged and run my sub.

So am I on the right track with each channel @4ohms running 200w if I split two of the channels @4ohms my watts per channel should drop to 100w per speaker? And if I do two 4 ohm speakers parallel I drop to 2 ohms to that channel and @ 400w @2ohms I drop to 200w per speaker? If so I can run a decent sub all day @ 2ohms bridged off the last two channels and power infinitys all the way around off the other two channels?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome