Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Accufab 84.5mm Throttle Body Installed
View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2013
beviking
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by by9468840 View Post
For a while I only had the JLT CAI, Stock manifold and Bama 93 Race tune. Few months ago a friend of mine ordered a BBK 85mm TB. We installed it first in my car and did a dyno test vs the baseline with JLT CAI and Bama 93.

BBK resulted in a tiny 6rwhp gain at high rpm. My baseline 391rwhp went up to 397rwhp after 6250rpm.

I just recently purchased an Accufab 85mm (I paid only $380 for a second hand unit with only 1000 miles in it) and a Boss 302 manifold (again second hand with 2000 miles for only $350). The Accufab is already installed on stock manifold but not dynoed yet. I will dyno once i install the boss manifold too.

What i can say is that Accufab is a way better built and incredibly sexy looking TB. The TB response is far superior than BBK. It really is almost like instant response from the engine. But the best way to install it is with a 3" to 4" step down coupler. It has a gigantic air intake opening that no standard CAI coupler will fit.

Honestly I'd still keep accufab even if it had provided no gains at all. The looks on a boss intake is amazing. The build quality makes your mouth water. The TB response is no way comparable to BBK. Driving is definitely more fun.
That info is money in the bank imo. One member, two products tested = pretty accurate comparison....unless he has stock in accufab No, I don't think you do.

'12 GT Premium, Race Red, 6spd, Roush 575SC, JLT Oil Catch Can, MGW shifter, Eibach Pro springs, FRPP Jounce kit, Steeda Adj UCA, Shaftmasters Aluminum DS, J&M Adj Panhard, UPR PH Brace, J&M LCA's, Black C stripe, 1/4 louvers, Boss spoiler w fogs, 19" staggered Chrome GT500's, MGP Caliper covers, 7 bar AM Grill, rear camera

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome